The public beta for ClamAV for Windows 3.0, which includes full integration of the ClamAV engine into the Immunet Protect product is now open. If you are interested in playing with ClamAV for Windows 3.0 please check out the following link:
The download links for the binaries are here:
(32 Bit) - Download
(64 Bit) - Download
Main feature overview:
* ClamAV 0.96.5 libraries for real-time scanning and offline scanning
* Customizable signatures support and signature creation UI
* Wildcard exclusions - specifically so we can exclude Thunderbird's %TEMP%\nsmail*.tmp
* Unicode bug fixes
* Bug fix for user's getting in a disconnected state
A few things to remember
Because this is a Beta 1:
* It is strongly recommended that you test on a VM
* See Bugzilla and Immunet Forums for any additional known defects.
Things to try out:
1. The SigUI - This allows you to create your own ClamAV signatures and load them into the engine. Its both a GUI, and a command line tool. Documentation is available here
2. Writing ClamAV sigs doc is here
3. False positives on installed applications or new applications
Reporting bugs :
Please report bugs at Bugzilla. Remember to attach a run of the System Diag Tool to help speed up fixing the problem. (its located in the Program Folder for ClamAV for Windows). It drops a zip file on the desktop.
1. Binaries are still labeled 2.0
2. Scan history screen contains duplicate entries.