Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast episode No. 118 is now available. Download this episode and subscribe to Beers with Talos:
Recorded March 7, 2022.
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
This was admittedly a tough one to record. In the middle of us trying to respond to the situation in Ukraine, we felt it was important to let our listeners in a bit. Matt, JJ and Liz discuss the work they and their teams are doing in Ukraine to protect critical systems there and keep users online. We also talk about the human side of things, and why it’s important for folks in cybersecurity to think about self-care during this time.
If you want to stay up to date on Talos’ work in Ukraine and our ongoing research about cybersecurity concerns in the region, continually check cs.co/TalosUA.
- 00:55 — Roundtable: What we're doing to destress at the end of the day
- 08:55 — Talos' history in Ukraine and why this means so much to us
- 17:10 — Examples of Cisco employees and the security community coming together around this issue
- 26:04 — The nuts-and-bolts of what we're doing in Ukraine and how we're defending critical networks
- 35:59 — Parting shots, closing thoughts: Additional reflections
Threat Advisory: Opportunistic cyber criminals take advantage of Ukraine invasion
Talos Threat Source newsletter (March 10, 2022) — Fake social media posts spread in wake of Ukraine invasion
Threat advisory: Cybercriminals compromise users with malware disguised as pro-Ukraine cyber tools
Cisco stands on guard with our customers in Ukraine
Current executive guidance for ongoing cyberattacks in Ukraine
Did the CIA write the Cold War’s biggest anthem?
Featuring: Liz Waddell (@vlsin), JJ Cummings and Matt Olney (@kpyke).
Hosted by Mitch Neff (@MitchNeff).
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter and Instagram
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: email@example.com