Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast episode No. 119 is now available. Download this episode and subscribe to Beers with Talos:
Recorded March 25, 2022.
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
We're still dealing with everything going on with Ukraine, and there's more going on there than we could possibly cover in a podcast episode. But we still wanted to check back in and update our listeners on the malware we're seeing in the wild in Ukraine and discuss President Biden's recent warning that state-sponsored actors could soon target U.S. critical infrastructure.
On the non-Ukraine front, we also are joined by special guest Nick Biasini from the Talos Outreach team to talk about the BlackCat ransomware group. BlackCat seemingly has some ties to BlackMatter/DarkSide (infamous for the Colonial Pipeline attack) but is there any formal connection?
Turns out, ransomware groups work more like a real business than you'd think.
- 01:45 — Roundtable: Bragging about Talos' cool swag
- 10:40 — Potential connections between BlackCat and BlackMatter
- 14:11 — Current wiper malware we're seeing target Ukraine
- 22:40 — How Talos Incident Response is working with Ukrainian customers
- 25:50 — Parting shots, closing thoughts: The occult side of eBay
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: firstname.lastname@example.org