Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast episode No. 104 is now available. Download this episode and subscribe to Beers with Talos:
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
By Mitch Neff.
Recorded March 30, 2020.
What better way to discuss supply chain attacks than to have Matt demonstrate how easily you can blend your payload into normal operations via Twitter shenanigans? (see the links) We’re talking about (surprise!) supply chain attacks and how their rise to prevalence is notable, albeit expected. The supply chain gets linked in with privacy concerns as we round out the episode discussing the Signal/Cellebrite situation. Listen to the episode before you read Matt’s tweet (link in the full show notes) and see if you can pick the words that were part of his little reindeer game. Your prize is the achievement of a job well done.
- 00:50 — Roundtable: Let the games begin
- 08:00 — Supply chain: The squeaky wheel that stopped squeaking because the brakes are on fire
- 10:00 — A quick word on password manager compromises
- 16:40 — A less quick word on Linux Foundation, open-source vulnerabilities and bad faith actors
- 27:15 — Signal and the value of aesthetically pleasing software
- 35:00 — Parting shots and closing thoughts
- 43:30 — Damnit, Matt.
Matt’s pre-podcast tweet (and the answer key)Security Stories podcast Ep. #27 (coming to this feed soon)
Featuring: Craig Williams (@Security_Craig), Joel Esler (@JoelEsler) and Matt Olney (@kpyke)
Hosted by Mitch Neff (@MitchNeff)
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: email@example.com