Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast Ep. #56 is now available. Download this episode and subscribe to Beers with Talos:
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
Recorded 6/24/19 - Back in the studio for EP 56 and off the top, Matt got some new audio toy for his side hustle as a Twitch star - I still can’t figure out exactly how he did what he did, but it was not helpful from a producer’s perspective. It’s repaired, but still enough to apologize for. This is why we can’t have nice things. We discuss the issues around the AMCA data heist - a breach that caused a bankruptcy - and the complexity of securely moving sensitive data, like PII and HIPAA data, to the cloud. As we get deeper, we end up discussing the issues inherent in medical data - namely, it’s sensitivity and data security issues so systemic in nature that not even HIPAA can help.
- 01:00 - Roundtable - The usual collection of smack talk - wrong numbers, arson, etc.
- 10:30 - From breached to bankrupt - AMCA files chap.11 after losing undetermined amounts of data
- 29:00 - Growing your teams skills and sorting out what you need your consultants to know for you
- 32:30 - Medical data - a valuable target passing through so many hands
- 38:30 - Closing shots and parting thoguhts (trying to move the car while Craig is inside paying edition)
Some other links:
- AMCA breach ==========
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: firstname.lastname@example.org