By Mitch Neff.
Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast episode No. 66 is now available. Download this episode and subscribe to Beers with Talos:
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
Recorded Nov. 8, 2019
Joel is out on PTO, so Mitch, Matt, Nigel, and Craig carry the banner this episode discussing how attackers approach targets like investors look at portfolios. We also talk about how the most recent off-cycle elections in the US give us a glimpse of improvements and changes in election security. Finally, we take a quick look at popular scams and how attackers use seasonality to increase the relevance of their scams for emotional responses.
- 01:40 — Roundtable: Minds blown over planetary mechanics and the existence of Instapots.
- 14:15 —How attackers are looking at targets: defending from different attackers.
- 23:00 — Election security: A quick look at recent improvements and Mitch’s tin-foil hat.
- 33:40 — Welcome to scam season! How attackers use emotion to increase effectiveness.
- 41:40 — Closing thoughts and parting shots.
Some other links:
- The orbital proximity of planets
- ...and here is the video version, because reading is slow
- The C2 with it all (Talos blog)
- No evidence of security concerns in recent elections
- Impact of misinformation in election fraud accusations
- Risk limiting audits in elections ==========
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: email@example.com