By Mitch Neff.
Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast episode No. 67 is now available. Download this episode and subscribe to Beers with Talos:
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
Recorded Nov. 21, 2019
Craig is out sick/injured/fighting robots (actually all three), so we brought in Sean Mason from Talos IR to talk shop today and give you the inside scoop on IR (and Sean’s next-level beard care regimen). How do incidents affect the enterprise and consumers? How has the advent of widespread ransomware fundamentally shifted the burden of responsibility in the c-suite and what have been the outcomes? What does a responder have in the bag when they arrive on-site?
- 01:20 – Roundtable: Nigel heads to Anfield, show and tell with Joel, Matt wants Cats cosplay
- 12:08 – Meet Sean Mason, head of Talos IR group.
- 17:20 – Ransomware hand insurance have changed the conversation and shifted the burden for CISOs
- 22:45 – Being proactive BEFORE the incident even occurs: and being the steadiest hand when it does
- 30:40 – The moment Sean’s went wrong with “gif” - Tweet Craig for your chance at a Talos loot crate.
- 34:15 – The crew infiltrates Sean’s teams chat channel, and they deliver top-shelf questions for Sean from the worst incidents they have seen (and USB keys in the parking lot) to the best headphones for travel
- 45:35 – Sean finally figures out Matt and Mitch are all up in his team chat
- 47:30 – Closing thoughts and parting shots
Some other links:
- No links today ==========
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: firstname.lastname@example.org