By Mitch Neff.
Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast episode No. 68 is now available. Download this episode and subscribe to Beers with Talos:
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
Recorded Dec. 9, 2019
We have a big announcement to make today! Check your feed for a few episodes of a new podcast from Talos: “Talos Takes."
On this episode of BWT, we welcome Joe Marshall to the table. Joe is a Talos ICS/IoT tech lead and he stops by to discuss issues in the IoT space — macro and micro, from both the vendor and user perspectives. Check out the crew’s advice on staying secure in this IoT gift-giving season.
We will see you in the new year, and thanks for listening in 2019. Happy Holidays to all!
- 00:55 — Roundtable: The robots come for Craig’s 3-D printer, Matt dunks on the crowd and misses.
- 08:30 — Meet Joe Marshall, Talos IoT and ICS Security tech lead
- 09:00 — Quantifying the IoT problem: IoT vulns surpass desktop/PC vulns in 2019
- 18:00 — The best ways to determine if security matters to an IoT device maker
- 21:15 — Poor security affects everyone, and why NAT is the most important thing on the internet
- 31:00 — So, how should we then buy?
- 34:00 — Trojans in the Python
- 39:20 — Big announcement! The NEW podcast coming from Talos — Talos Takes
- 40:45 — Closing thoughts and parting shots
Some other links:
- Check out the Talos Takes podcast! (Three episodes coming to the Beers with Talos podcast feed today!) ==========
Featuring: Craig Williams(@Security_Craig), Joel Esler (@JoelEsler), Matt Olney (@kpyke) and Nigel Houghton (@EnglishLFC).
Hosted by Mitch Neff (@MitchNeff)
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: firstname.lastname@example.org