If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
By Mitch Neff.
Recorded June 24, 2020
Has it been three years already? We have a great episode to celebrate! We start off chatting about the origins of BWT and what made it… I don’t know… the way that it is. We also have some great guests. Hazel and Ben from the Security Stories podcast come by to talk about another anniversary of note to all of us — NotPetya. We also chat about what makes storytelling a powerful tool (even in security), and atypical paths to careers in cybersecurity. While we are talking about communication, we wrap up this episode discussing and sharing what worked (and still works) for Talos over the series of critical response events that included NotPetya and one of our very first podcast episodes.
- 01:15 — Roundtable: It’s Ok to not be OK, Nigel is confused, Mitch is a time warlock
- 06:20 — BWT: The (probably retconned) origin story
- 10:00 — Hazel and Ben from Security Stories
- 20:00 — Is Wendy Nather every security podcast’s favorite guest?
- 31:00 — Communication in response: What we learned between WannaCry and NotPetya
- 42:00 — Closing thoughts, parting shots
- Security Stories podcast with Hazel and Ben
Hosted by Mitch Neff (@MitchNeff).
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: firstname.lastname@example.org