If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
By Mitch Neff.
Recorded Aug. 26, 2020
Disinformation is front and center right now. As disinformation efforts constantly increase, platforms struggle to contain the problem without giving the appearance of censuring or controlling all information present. A Talos research team recently published some findings on the building blocks of disinformation campaigns. Special guest Kendall McKay joins us to discuss the research she co-authored with her team in Talos. We go over exactly what defines disinformation and the most pervasive sources. We also look at who these actors are and how they operate at scale while remaining hidden.
- 00:45 — Roundtable: Nigel spills the beans on the lizard people
- 07:30 — Disinformation: Background info with Kendall McKay
- 10:30 — Meet the actors
- 15:00 — Disinformation tactics 101: The accounts
- 18:45 — Tooling at scale
- 23:00 — Taking advantage of information as it exists
- 30:30 — What’s the defense, then?
- 32:50 — Closing thought, parting shots
- What to Expect When You're Electing: Building Blocks of Disinformation Campaigns (Talos)
- What to Expect When You’re Electing: Election Security Primer (Talos)
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: email@example.com