If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
By Mitch Neff.
Recorded early November 2020.
This is an episode we recorded in early November but got pushed back in the end of year shuffle to make production schedules work. We’re happy to put this one out now with somewhat belated takes on (somewhat recent) health care ransomware attacks. We discuss a few key questions that are rather evergreen. Why is health care targeted in this way (and other verticals for that matter)? What defines a “high value” target to a ransomware actor? How can targeted entities better defend themselves?
- 01:30 — Roundtable: Feel that end-of-year burn...
- 07:20 — Ransomware heating up in health care and government organizations
- 11:40 — How actors see potential targets
- 16:30 — Defense for health care organizations
- 22:00 — Closing thoughts, parting shots
Featuring: Craig Williams (@Security_Craig) and Matt Olney (@kpyke)
Hosted by Mitch Neff (@MitchNeff)
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: firstname.lastname@example.org