Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast episode No. 99 is now available. Download this episode and subscribe to Beers with Talos:
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
By Mitch Neff.
Recorded late November 2020.
We recorded this episode toward the end of 2020 and since then, it's lived a quiet, but meaningful life in the production queue patiently waiting its turn to get released. In this episode, we dig into a discussion on passwords and some issues and how they appluy conceptually and in practice. Passwords aren’t inherently problematic, but how they are used...sometimes is. We discuss best practices to share with your friends and also touch on MFA (and SMS as an option of last resort). Craig seems to think lock analogies are key to understanding everything. The session was two hours long and this is the balance remaining after decency and standards review.
All of us want to thank you for listening and making three years and (almost)100 episodes of Beers with Talos possible. Cheers.
- 01:30 — Roundtable: THAT DUDE JUST PUNCHED A KANGAROO
- 04:40 — Passwords: The problem isn’t conceptual, it’s practical
- 12:20 — What auth does the future hold?
- 21:30 — Parting shots, closing thoughts, being grateful edition
- 25:50 — Closing interruption: The pig couch (for real, it’s a chair)
- [blog] Your Pa$$word Doesn’t Matter
- [blog] It's Time to Hang Up on Phone Transports for Authentication==========
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: firstname.lastname@example.org