Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast episode No. 97 is now available. Download this episode and
subscribe to Beers with Talos:
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
By Mitch Neff.
Recorded Nov. 24, 2020 – On this episode, Mitch and Matt are joined by Wendy Nather to discuss the newly released Cisco Security Outcomes Study. The results and findings of the research are interesting and somewhat surprising. As often happens with most good research, we end up asking more questions — in this case, geared toward the nature of the relationships found in the data. Special thanks to Wendy for coming on and joining us. As usual, her insight is stellar and she is much more entertaining than the rest of us.
- 01:00 — Roundtable
- 03:00 — Wendy Nather breaks down the data science of the Security Outcomes Study
- 09:00 — Matt breaks down what adds zero value to success
- 13:00 — Behaviors of security success: cause, effect, and correlation
- 21:30 — Security success contributors in NIST terms
- 25:40 — You heard her… but she’s right, you know.
- 31:00 — ADHD sparkle into closing shots, parting thoughts
- [Report] Cisco Security Outcomes Study
- [Blog] Wendy Nather - Does protection help as much as we think?==========
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Follow Talos on Twitter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: firstname.lastname@example.org