Beers with Talos (BWT) Podcast episode No. 115 is now available. Download this episode and subscribe to Beers with Talos:
Recorded Jan. 14, 2022.
If iTunes and Google Play aren't your thing, click here.
We wanted to start off the new year by reflecting on 2021 with Talos Incident Response. The one thing many cyber attacks had in common? People.
There are issues that arise any time humans are involved, whether it's being tempted by a phish or someone making simple human errors. So, Matt, Mitch and Liz discuss how logs are crucial during the worst-case scenario and look at how to remove human error as much as possible from the equation.
Outside of initial infection vectors, there are plenty of other lessons learned from 2021 that we can take into incident response this year.
- 01:30 — Roundtable: Why are questions at Q&A panels always so bad?
- 07:28 — Recapping Talos Incident Response's 2021
- 16:00 — The four major cyber incidents of last year
- 41:50 — What trends can we expect to carry over into 2022?
- 57:49 — Parting shots, closing thoughts: We find out Matt was just working the whole time we were recording this episode
Subscribe via iTunes (and leave a review!)
Check out the Talos Threat Research Blog
Subscribe to the Threat Source newsletter
Give us your feedback and suggestions for topics: email@example.com